Protocase delivers a whole new experience to engineers and design professionals by delivering custom electronic enclosures with unmatched speed, simplicity and service.
Student Sponsorship Program
We support the ingenuity and talents of student engineers and designers with the Protocase Student Sponsorship Program. Student engineers and designers with research and education projects (as well as graduate students on a need basis) can apply to have Protocase manufacture professional-grade custom enclosures and sheet metal parts. If you meet our criteria, we can fund all or part of your project, up to $400 annually. Watch our video to learn more about our sponsorship of student robotics.
University of Michigan
The Michigan Ion Beam Laboratory (MIBL) uses accelerators to simulate radiation damage in materials for nuclear applications. Protocase custom-manufactured a rackmount enclosure for MIBL to use as central unit to control nearly 20 devices, organize approximately 40 cables, and provide the power for all control interfaces.
The Dalhousie Formula SAE is a student run design team that competes each year at Michigan International Speedway with over 100 other teams, designing and building a Formula-style race car. Protocase manufactured custom sheet metal parts for the Dalhousie FSAE car, including an aluminum fuel cell and electrical box.
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
Protocase sponsored students enrolled in NAIT’s Electronic Engineering Technology department, manufacturing custom sheet metal parts for a variety of projects, including a remote control car system, projector light and microcontroller.
- Sponsored teams must be currently enrolled in a technical institute, university or high school.
- All sponsorship is provided based on financial need.
- We ask participating students provide photos and descriptions of final projects to us for marketing purposes.
- We request students promote Protocase within the project itself or on their marketing materials.
How to Apply
- Connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Write a brief email that explains your project, timeline and the desired parts you’d like manufactured.
- A member of our sales team will get back to you to discuss your design and financial need.
- * For student sponsorship projects, we recommend using our free CAD software. Find it at ProtocaseDesigner.com