Protocase takes great care to fabricate as accurately as possible. However, a certain level of dimensional variation is inherent in the processes that we use. Tolerances for these dimensional variations are outlined below.
- CAD drawings specify dimensions of metal only. Allow up to 0.003" (0.08mm) for Powder coating thickness where required. (Example: when mounting a component that requires a 1” diameter hole, be sure to call out a 1.006” hole diameter. This will allow for 0.003” of powdercoat per side. See Figure ( C ) )
- Tolerance on variation of size and position of cutouts and profiles is ±0.005" (0.125mm).
- Bend length tolerance is ±0.010" (0.25mm) per bend for controlled dimension (see figure (A)).
- Uncontrolled dimensions are subject to stacking of tolerances. (see figure (D)
- Bend angle tolerance is ±1 degrees.
- Welding can cause dimensional variation and warpage. Tolerances are dependent on the exact nature of the parts and welds. Please be sure to discuss any important tolerances with Protocase technical staff when specifying welding.