Protocase manufactures fully finished custom electronic enclosures and associated parts from a wide variety of materials and components, in 2-3 days with no minimum order. Protocase also provides expert and affordable enclosure design services.
Bare Metal Finish
Protocase offers three basic bare finishes for aluminum and stainless steel – "No Finish", "Grained Finish" and "Vibratory Finish".
About No Finish:
- Part is de-burred with no additional finishing
- No added cost
- Best economics for functional parts that will not be on display
- This is not 'decorative' in anyway
- Minor surface scratches, swirl marks and blemishes are to be expected
About Grained Finish:
- Part is de-burred, and then given a specific linear grain direction via brushing
- Applied to sheet metal parts before bending
- Can only be applied to accessible flat exterior faces on machined parts
- Aesthetically superior option for bare finish for parts or enclosures that will be displayed
- Can be silkscreened but not digitally printed