Protocase manufactures fully finished custom electronic enclosures and associated parts from a wide variety of materials and components, in 2-3 days with no minimum order. Protocase also provides expert and affordable enclosure design services.
Custom Cut Gaskets
Custom Cut Gaskets, made to order. Simply send us your CAD file, detailed drawing or gasket photo (see notes below) and we can manufacture your fully customized gasket design. The end result is a quality gasket, made to your specifications, priced right and shipped in days.
- Material must meet a minimum rigidity for precision cutting (Min. durometer 30A - Max. durometer 70a) - (Softer materials can be cut, but accuracy may be lost)
- Cut from sheets up to 4' x 8'
- Cut thicknesses:
- 1/8" and 1/16" Stocked
- (can accommodate 1/4" to 1/64")
- Small holes of thicker material will have more taper
- Smallest part overall dimension should be greater than 1.25".
- Smallest hole diameter should be no less than 0.060"
- Tangent of any cutout should have at least 0.100" between itself and nearest cutout or the edge of the part. (minimum durometer approx. 30A)
We build custom gaskets to your design:
- Polyurethane/Neoprene/Vinyl/Buna-N Foam
- Neoprene Rubber
- Rubberized Cork
- Fibre Gasket
- Styrene Butadiene Rubber
- Non-stocked materials can be ordered but additional lead time will be required
Creating gasket models from a photo:Protocase can generate a new gasket model from a photo of the old (intact) gasket or the flange it needs to match.
Considerations for using a photo instead of CAD:
- Not 100% accurate process. (Tolerance of +/- 0.030")
- Image must be of sufficient quality. (Minimum 5 megapixel)
- Images are best used for smaller gaskets to avoid angle distortion. (Size 12"x12" requires one 'straight on' photo, for sizes larger than 12"x12" we require a photo for every square foot)
- Customer must supply at least 2 accurate dimensions that can be transferred on to the image. Accuracy of these dimensions affect final accuracy of gasket.